- Engineering Leadership Development
- Undergraduate Minor in Engineering Leadership Development
- Master of Engineering in Engineering Leadership and Innovation Management
- Online Graduate Options in Engineering Leadership and Innovation Management
- Lion Leadership Lessons
- Industry Partners
- Career Opportunities
- Alumni and Friends
The Engineering Leadership Development Program is enabled by our industry sponsors. Corporate sponsors help our students to experience the breadth and depth of engineering challenges that make the program a success. This critical support also pays dividends to the sponsors, including exposure to top students and enhanced opportunities to hire interns and full-time graduates.
- Opportunities to participate in invited guest lectures and sponsoring a team project
- Recognition in ELD marketing pieces, on our website, and on our bulletin board
- Distribution of job opportunities
- Inclusion in a sponsor description booklet distributed to each student
- Participation in curriculum reviews to assure we meet your needs
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Opportunities do exist to sponsor specific student projects, ranging from water resources to small business startups in impoverished areas to designing food-processing machinery to better feed developing countries. Projects range from small to multi-semester, international teams. The level of financial support varies, depending on the magnitude of the project
The capstone design course is required of most engineering students at Penn State. Multidisciplinary teams join together to design and build a prototype unit to solve a problem posed by an industry sponsor. A donation to the University provides support from a supervising professor, access to the Learning Factory on campus, and support of the team.
International Engineering Teams
Opportunities exist to engage an international team of undergraduate or graduate students to solve problems posed by industry sponsors. Collaboration is currently underway with students from Belgium, Hungary, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Australia, with new partners being added. We welcome suggestions for additional partners.
For more information on ELD sponsorship, contact:
Andrew M. (Mike) Erdman
Walter L. Robb Director of Engineering Leadership Development
213E Hammond Building