Integrated Design Solutions
Integrated Design Solutions (IDS) is a network of Penn State resources that accelerates industry ideas from concept to market.
IDS provides technical expertise for both product development and process improvement.
IDS provides students with experiential learning opportunities that complement their academic education changing engineering students into World-Class Engineers.
IDS provides technical scoping and project management to facilitate collaboration between industry and Penn State to ensure project success and ultimately create long-term partnerships.
- Data collection and analysis
- Modeling and simulation
- Engineering design
- Electronic, CAD and mechanical design
- Additive manufacturing
- Rapid prototyping
- Materials specification
- Design for manufacturing
- Process improvement and supply chain
- Follow-on partnerships
- SBIR/STTR proposal collaboration
- Tech commercialization assistance
- Lab automation
- Manufacturing prove-out
- Product launch support
- Single-point networked access to University-wide expertise
- Exposure to future World-Class Engineers
- Industry-friendly IP policies
- Simplified 1-page, fixed price agreement
- Assigned project manager/client interface
- Timely scheduling
- Long-term parnerships with a leading engineering research institution
- Assistance with proposal development and agreement execution